This website (hereinafter the “Website“) is provided by Wiredcraft Limited and its subsidiaries and affiliates (hereinafter “us” or “we”). For further information regarding the provider of the Website, please refer to our imprint.
Our privacy Statement
Personal data that we collect
Legal grounds for processing your Personal Data
The legal grounds for us processing your Personal Data for the purposes set out in the Personal Data Usage section are because:
- you provided your consent;
- it is necessary for our contractual relationship;
- the processing is necessary for us to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations; and/or
- the processing is in our legitimate interest as a recruiter or an event organizer (for example, to evaluate your qualification or sending you location information, etc.).
Information you provide to us
We collect the information you provide when you submit a project, apply for a position, subscribe to the mailing list of one of the Websites, register for an event or send us an email or feedback.
- Registration or subscription information, communications and requests from you, and your submissions. When you engage in activities on the Websites such as those above, you may be asked to provide information such as your e-mail address, name, phone number and billing information, and we (or third party service providers on our behalf) will collect such information as well as any other content you provide us in engaging in any of the above activities. Information such as your age, date of birth, gender, hobbies or interests may also be requested.
- Job application. You will be asked to provide information to apply for a position at Wiredcraft. This information might be your name, social media account information and resume. This information is being processed on a third party platform for collective review of the applications. This third party is EU–US Privacy Shield Framework certified. Personal information submitted for job application is being kept to be reopened when a position is opened again, if you agree to it. If not, we will keep your personal data up to the statutory period in which a claim arising from the recruitment process may be brought.
- Events. When booking a seat for a conference or an event, you will be asked to provide name, contact information, job and organization. This third party is equally EU–US Privacy Shield Framework certified. This information aims at improving our events and our overall attendees´ experience.
- Billing and credit card information. We use third party platforms to process payments for some of our events. These platforms may collect and store billing and credit card information. The processing of your billing and credit card information by these third party platforms are subject to their privacy policies.
Information automatically collected as you access and use the Websites.
- Geolocation information. With your consent, certain Websites or a third party such as a ticketing platform may collect and use your geolocation to provide you with information about goods and services within your geographic location or implement other functionality in the Website, such as localized content. By using such service, you hereby consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your geolocation information as described. The processing of your geolocation information by these third party platforms is subject to their privacy policies.
On our Website we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States (“Google”).
Google will analyze your use of our Website on our behalf. To this purpose we use, among others, the cookies described in more detail in the above table. The information collected by Google in connection with your use of our Website (e.g. the referring URL, our webpages visited by you, your browser type, your language settings, your operating system, your screen resolution) will be transmitted to a server of Google in the US, where it will be stored and analyzed. The respective results will then be made available to us in anonymized form. Your usage data will not be connected to your full IP address during this process. We have activated on our Website the IP anonymizing function offered by Google, which will delete the last 8 digits (type IPv4) or the last 80 bits (type IPv6) of your IP address. Moreover, Google is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield, which ensures that an adequate level of data protection is maintained with respect to the processing of data by Google in the US.
You may revoke your consent to the use of web analysis at any time, either by downloading and installing the provided Google Browser Plugin, in which case an opt-out cookie will be placed. This option will prevent the application of web analysis only as long as you use the browser on which you installed the plugin and do not delete the opt-out cookie.
Personal data usage
If you provide Personal Data for a certain purpose, we may use the Personal Data in connection with the purpose for which it was provided. For instance, if you contact us by e-mail, we will use the Personal Data you provide to answer your question, resolve your problem and will respond to the email address from which the contact came.
Access and use
If you provide Personal Data in order to obtain access to or use of the Services or any functionality thereof, we will use your Personal Data to provide you with access to or use of the Services or functionality and to analyze your use of such Services or functionality. For instance, if you supply Personal Data relating to your identity or qualifications to use certain portions of the Services, we will use that information to make a decision as to granting you access to use such Services and to assess your ongoing qualification to use such Services.
Internal business purposes
We may use your Personal Data for internal business purposes, including without limitation, to help us improve the content and functionality of the Services, to better understand our Users, to improve the Services, to protect against, identify or address wrongdoing, to enforce our Terms of Service and to generally manage the Services and our business.
Wiredcraft marketing communications
Where it is in accordance with your marketing preferences, we may use your Personal Data to contact you in the future for our marketing purposes, including without limitation, to inform you about services, articles, products update or events we believe might be of interest to you, to develop promotional or marketing materials and provide those materials to you. See “Opt Out from Electronic Communications” below on how to opt out of Wiredcraft Marketing Communications.
Aggregated personal data
How we disclose and transfer your personal data
We are not in the business of selling your Personal Data. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. Therefore, we will not sell your Personal Data to third parties, including third party advertisers. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may disclose, transfer or share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below.
Parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates
Agents, consultants and service providers
We may share your Personal Data with our contractors and service providers who process Personal Data on behalf of Wiredcraft to perform certain business-related functions. These companies include our email service providers, backup and ticket booking platform.
We may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law in order to (for example) respond to a subpoena or request from law enforcement, a court or a government agency (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a legal obligation, (b) protect or defend our rights, interests or property or that of third parties, (c) prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services, (d) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Users of the Services or the public, or (e) protect against legal liability.
Processing of data outside the EU / the EEA
Your data will in part also be processed in countries outside the European Union (“EU”) or the European Economic Area (“EEA”), which may have a lower data protection level than European countries. In such cases, we will ensure that a sufficient level of protection is provided for your data, e.g. by concluding specific agreements with our contractual partners (copy available on request), or we will ask for your explicit consent to such processing.
How we store your personal data
How to access, update, correct and delete your personal data
Data protection law provides you with rights in respect of Personal Data that we hold about you, including the right to request a copy of the Personal Data, to rectify, restrict or delete your Personal Data, object to profiling and unsubscribe from marketing communications.
Users may exercise these rights by contacting us directly by mail.
For the most part, you can exercise these rights Managing your preferences (after clicking on “Unsubscribe” in our emails) or changing the “cookie settings” in your browser (see our Cookie Statement for more information). Please note that requests to exercise data protection rights will be assessed by us on a case-by-case basis. We will consider and respond to all requests in accordance with applicable law.
Length of data retention
We retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to provide you with our Services, or for other important purposes such as complying with legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements.
If you have provided Personal Information, we will retain your Personal Data for a period of 6 months at most after you have requested your details to be deleted. We will also renew periodically your consent to pursue your relation with Wiredcraft, typically by sending an email every two years.
Cookies, pixels tags, local shared objects, web storage and similar technologies
You have several choices available when it comes to your Personal Data:
Limit the personal data you provide.
You can browse the Services without providing any Personal Data (other than Automatic Data to the extent it is considered Personal Data under applicable laws) or with limiting the Personal Data you provide. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data or limit the Personal Data you provide, you may not be able to use certain functionality that we provide. For instance, in order to book a seat at an event, you will have to provide name and contact information.
Opt Out from electronic communications.
- Wiredcraft marketing communications. Where it is in accordance with your marketing preferences, Wiredcraft may send you electronic communications marketing or advertising the Services themselves or events on the Services. You can also “opt out” or manage your email preferences by clicking on Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any such electronic communication.
- Transactional or Responsive Communications. Certain electronic communications from Wiredcraft are responsive to your requests. For instance, if you are an event attendee, we must email you participation confirmation when you book a seat. As a further example, if you apply for a job application or submit a project, we will return an email confirming the reception of your email. Notwithstanding any unsubscribe choice that you have made, you will still receive these transactional or responsive emails.
Do not track
We currently do not participate in any “Do Not Track” frameworks that would allow us to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your Personal Data. However, your browser might offer you the possibility to block any cookie setup.
Personal data provided to others
Children - Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
International privacy laws
For any questions you may have with respect to data privacy, please do not hesitate to contact us at the address in imprint or by contacting us by email.