PWC needed a solution for scheduling and dispatching for their Field Service Organization platform. We developed the backend components and user interfaces leveraging data science and artificial intelligence. The result was a scalable solution that can support the complexity of flexible scheduling constraints and allows the dispatcher to concentrate on making high level decisions and stay efficient.
The World Bank Group is an international financial institution that provides loans to developing countries for capital programs.
Challenges & Goals
- Build a user-friendly data visualization website for public consumption
- Optimize a vast trove of data to be accessed easily, quickly, and on mobile
- $60M funding from partners
- Fortune 100 clients
- Up to 40% improvement in dispatcher efficiency
Technology & Techniques
- Falcor: we used this new technology from Netflix to reduce data requests and speed up the dataflow
- Node.js: the backend is based on this technology
- Webpack: splitting the code with Webpack really cut down data requests (>50%) and decreased the initial load time for the app
- React: the frontend is based on this technology
- D3.js: we used this to create the visualizations