Meet Yi Zhou, our latest hire, who just joined our Frontend team in Shanghai.
I am Yi Zhou (周易). I work as a Front-end developer at Wiredcraft. I come from Nantong, Jiangsu. I speak mandarin and still practice my English skills. Before joining, I worked at NetEase Cloud Music.
1. What hobbies do you have?
Watching movies, music, books, video games.
2. What’s the most underestimated talent you have?
I’m talented at snowboarding.
3. What’s the most adventurous experience you have had?
Fell into a deep pond while there were no adults around. I grabbed a brick and managed to pull myself out!
4. What is the one thing you hope you’ll do in your lifetime?
Adopting a dog.
5. If there’s one thing you recommend everyone in the world to do, what would it be?
Keep reading (regardless of old books or new ones).
6. Are there any aspects of the job excites you the most?
I dreamed to be a designer but never getting trained for that. After I found myself good at coding and has a keen eye for aesthetics, front-end developer seems like the most suitable position. I think the best part of this job is to delivery the products that run smoothly like it should be, which is uncommon these days.
7. What was the project you are most proud of? And what were some challenges you had before?
We (group of graduates) made a synchronized music listening app as a mini project before we started our official job at Cloud Music. It took us a month to go through the whole process from ideation to release the app. The biggest challenge was to convince ourselves that it’s an excellent idea and it turned out that we have achieved the goal from user feedbakcs.
8. What are top 3 digital products you would recommend others to use and why?
- Spotify, it runs smoothly and has a consistent experience across different platform and value copyrights.
- Discogs, it’s a music Database which basically includes everything you want to know about a record.
- 小宇宙, it’s a light and simple app for podcast.
9. What are some new technologies you’d like to explore in the future?
The architecture of Web 3.0 apps seems fun. To create a DApp that run smoothly will be challenging but worth exploring.
10. What are the three things you like about Wiredcraft? Or what attracted you to apply here?
- People from different countries;
- Work-life balance;
- Challenging but making interesting products.
11. What do you want to achieve at Wiredcraft?
Wish I could actively get involved in the whole life cycle of releasing products, and get more user feedbacks to help improve my work.
12. If one day Zombie comes after us, what are 3 things you want to take with?
A typewriter, some green plants, a giant suitcase.
13. If you could have one of the super powers, which power you’d like to have?
Eating without getting fat.
14. Say 3 things you haven’t done yet but will do for sure in the future.
Make a (delicious) meal, watch football at the Emirates Stadium, go to Fuji Rock Festival.
15. You can have an unlimited supply of one thing for the rest of your life, what is it?
Different styles of glasses.