Meet Lexie, our latest hire, who just joined our design team in Shanghai.
My name is Yidan Wang (Lexie). I’m from Inner Mongolia. I speak Mandarin, English, and a little German.
Before joining Wiredcraft, I finished my studies and did an internship in frog design.
1.What hobbies do you have?
I love skiing (or rolling in the snow) and shopping for cooking utensils (I believe if I have enough bowls, I can use new ones every time instead of washing them!).
2. What’s the most underestimated talent you have?
The speed of my digestion.
3. What’s the most adventurous experience you have had?
The first time I drove a car was on the highway in Xizang at 140!
4. What is the one thing you hope you’ll do in your lifetime?
Enrich myself and shine on others.
5. If there’s one thing you recommend everyone in the world to do, what would it be?
Pitch a tent.
6. What brought you to become a designer? Are there any aspects of the job excites you the most?
I’m always obsessed with beautiful things.
7. What was the project you are most proud of? And what were some challenges you had before?
Participated in the establishment of a complete design system for a financial enterprise. Balancing flexibility and consistency according to the shape of the organization, products, and most importantly how people are using the products was the challenge I encountered in this project.
8. What are top 3 digital products you would recommend others to use and What is a good design?
Figma, Notion, Star Walk.
I think good design is meticulous art, is the collision of rules and pretty.
9. As a designer, what are some of habits you are expected to have? What a typical day look like if you are going to make a vlog?
The ability to abstract anything quickly.
My typical day is probably always on the Figma page, or should I call it “flog”?
10. Any recommended or your favorite design resources you’d like to share with team? (Behance, dribble, Pinterest or maybe a podcast or a TV show or a book?)
You’ve already listed my most frequent visits!
11. What are the three things you like about Wiredcraft? Or what attracted you to apply here?
Strong team, diverse and inclusive, great opportunity to improve design skills.
12. What do you want to achieve in Wiredcraft?
Comprehensive understanding of project implementation, not just design.
13. Anything you would like to tell your interviewers?
I don’t know why I feel familiar with Karen when I see her in the video.
14. If one day Zombie comes after us, what are 3 things you want to take with?
My phone, sparkling wine, a blanket.
15. If you could have one of the super powers, which power you’d like to have? (everlasting memory, debug anything with my mind, bring people back to life,……)
Omni-Communication (I want to communicate with non-human animals or read body language).
16. Say 3 things you haven’t done yet but will do for sure in the future.
Learn German, get a British shorthair cat, teach it to speak German.
17. What if you could meet one of the greatest designers in the past or nowadays, what would you like to tell them? (well, let’s just say “hey Jonathan Ive, I really love your iconic products like my iPhone)
Hi Susan Kare, I press “⌘” 100 times a day! Actually, I was wondering how to use a pencil to draw a “⌘”?