Meet our latest hire, Austin Chu, who just joined our Data team in Shanghai.
I am Austin and work as a Data Analyst at Wiredcraft. I am originally from Michigan, USA and speak English, Mandarin and a touch of Cantonese. I currently live in Pudong but plan to move to Puxi in the near future.
Prior to this job, I was a Data Scientist at NielsenIQ.
1. What hobbies do you have?
My main hobbies are playing video games, watching anime, and golf.
2. What was the project you are most proud of?
One of my favorite projects was creating BERT and Random Forest NLP machine learning models that classified people’s MBTI personality based on their social media posts. The main challenges for that project was the time needed to train all the different models and the feature engineering.
3. What are the three things you like about Wiredcraft? Or what attracted you to apply here?
The work-life balance, interesting projects, and energy of the company.
4. What do you want to achieve at Wiredcraft?
I would like to improve my current skills and also learn new ones while contributing to impactful and cool projects that I can be proud to be a part of.
5. What’s the most underestimated talent you have?
I’m surprisingly good at narrating children’s stories.
6. What’s the most adventurous experience you have had?
I tried opening a school in China that focused on English, art, and sensory development for toddlers.
7. What is the one thing you hope you’ll do in your lifetime?
I hope to start a business of some sort in the future.
8. If one day Zombie comes after us, what are 3 things you want to take with?
A solar-powered RV, a crossbow, and a hand-held video game console with many games downloaded.