Meet Stefan, our latest hire, who just joined our fullstack team in Shanghai.
My name is Stefan Wawrzyn. I’m from Canada, I speak poorly in English, Polish, French and Chinese. I’m currently living in Xuhui.
Before joining Wiredcraft, I worked as a web dev freelancer and trying to get my own startup off the ground.
I find problem solving really excites me. I like the aspect of coding as a large puzzle waiting to be solved. (Almost) every programming problem can be solved with enough thought, research and will.
1. What are the three things you like about Wiredcraft? Or what attracted you to apply here?
In my previous life in the Canadian Army, you are deeply involved in leadership and team dynamics. You learn to spot the things that make a successful organisation and things that don’t.
Wiredcraft checked all the boxes of an excellent team: taking care of your people, helping them in personal development and giving them respect. When you find that in a company, you jump at that chance.
2. What is the project your are the most proud of?
My previous business partner and I coded and deployed a complete Kickstarter clone within 1 month.
3. What’s the most adventurous experience you have had?
Commanding four tanks in a live-fire shoot and move exercise.
4. If there’s one thing you recommend everyone in the world to do, what would it be?
Have a 胡椒饼.
5. What is the one thing you’ll hope you’ll do in your lifetime?
I’d like to take a long motorcycle adventure across eastern Asia.
6. What’s the most underestimated talent you have?