Meet Xiaohan, our latest hire, who just joined our design team in Shanghai.
My name is Xiaohan Huang(黄晓汉), It’s OK to call me Otis because I know it’s quite hard to pronuce “X-I-A-O” in English. I am from Beihai, Guangxi. I speak Mandarin, Cantonese and English. I might move to Jing’an District after quarantine.
Before joining Wiredcraft, I worked as a senior designer at EPO Fashion group in Guangzhou.
1. What hobbies do you have?
There are too many to be counted! Football, urban music, films&TV series, video game, fashion, art gallery and much more.
2. What’s the most underestimated talent you have?
Easily getting close to pet (normally dog and cat).
3. What’s the most adventurous experience you have had?
I went to 2 concerts and a one-day music festival within a week, then the next few days my throat was burning and I could barely speak.
4. What is the one thing you hope you’ll do in your lifetime?
Being a game-changer like Kanye West.
5. If there’s one thing you recommend everyone in the world to do, what would it be?
Having sympathy and being respectful to each other.
6. What brought you to become a designer? Are there any aspects of the job excites you the most?
Being a designer is a practical way to be part of the game considering my limitation. I never define myself as a ‘UI designer’, ‘Graphic designer’ or ‘XXX designer’, with my unique perspective I am able to participate in any projects to make them look amazing.
7. What was the project you are most proud of? And what were some challenges you had before?
MO&Co. E-shop (T-mall and mini-program) is the project that I proud of, which maintaining the top 10 sales of women’s clothing on T-mall. The biggest challenge is to convince people that my design solution which against their requirement will definitely benefits the sales.
8. What are top 3 digital products you would recommend others to use and What is a good design?
Spotify, Blender and Xianyu(闲鱼). Blender is the only open source 3d design tool I ever know, I am able to search for good-priced fashion archives at Xianyu in a user-friendly way.
A good design focuses the product itself, not how fancy it looks like.
9. As a designer, what are some of habits you are expected to have? What a typical day look like if you are going to make a vlog?
Wish I could have better craft skill to remake clothes and sneaker. My typical day be like: checking out inspiration in Pinterest and ig, Doing my job and workout with AirPods all day long.
10. Any recommended or your favorite design resources you’d like to share with team? (Behance, dribble, Pinterest or maybe a podcast or a TV show or a book?)
The legend designer Virgil Abloh record his inspiration and list his projects in Canary Yellow. His thought and taste encourages people to dream bigger.
11. What are the three things you like about Wiredcraft? Or what attracted you to apply here?
Wiredcraft helped cool companies launch their epic products, especially GOAT. Throughout these design projects, I assume Wiredcraft speaks the same design language as I do.
12. What do you want to achieve in Wiredcraft?
I’d like to be involved in more awesome projects, sharpen my design skills as well as developing a marketing mindset and learn from other talents.
13. If one day Zombie comes after us, what are 3 things you want to take with?
12-year-old Bushmills whiskey, pistol and a bullet marked my name.
14. If you could have one of the super powers, which power you’d like to have?
The manga named “JOJO” has a special arrow that gives people superpower given their personality, I am wondering what mine would be like.
15. Say 3 things you haven’t done yet but will do for sure in the future.
Going to Travis Scott concert.
Working with my favourite artist.
Spending money at Shibuya.
16. What if you could meet one of the greatest designers in the past or nowadays, what would you like to tell them?
Thank you Virgil, we are doing things for the culture with your inspiration!