Meet Campbell, our latest hire, who just joined our product team in Shanghai.
I am YeTian (Campbell or Ye). I will be joining program team as a Product Manager at Wiredcraft. I am originally from Wuhan, Hubei and speak Mandarin and English. I live in Yu garden area, Huangpu. Before joining Wiredcraft, I worked as a PM of Seller management team at Shopee.
1. What hobbies do you have?
Hiking, skiing, and other sports. Traveling alone when I have time.
2. What’s the most underestimated talent you have?
Potential salesman to be? Because I got credits from my friends even strangers about my unique approach of promoting the stuff that I think it’s worth to have.
3. What’s the most adventurous experience you have had?
Got lost in the high altitude mountain (above 15000 feet) and stayed one night in the wild without any outdoor equipments(tents or sleep bag) . The mountain is called Gonggar Mountain, it’s the highest mountain in Sichuan, we were at the Lenggacuo Lake. Thanks god we made it!
4. What is the one thing you hope you’ll do in your lifetime?
Start up my own company in the future? Become an entrepreneur.
5. If there’s one thing you recommend everyone in the world to do, what would it be?
Stop watching your phone all the time. Be a lifelong learner, learn by traveling, exposing, experiencing the world physically but visually through social media.
6. Are there any aspects of the job excites you the most?
- Curious about business opportunities and user’s needs.
- Constant learning and loving to solve problems.
- Passion about management project and create new product to elevated people’s life.
7. What was the project your are most proud of? And what were some challenges you had before?
There was a project called Priority Seller which requests data migration from Salesforce. This is my fist independent project and it’s huge project which has many dependencies with different function of teams.
8. What are top 3 digital products you would recommend others to use and why?
- Instagram: Engage with your friend while you have you own social media space.
- Blinkist: An app would actually collecting your favorite book and summarized it into a 15 minutes audio or readable version.
- Thenx: A workout instruction app which helps you to keep fit at any desired places especially at home.
9. What do you think makes a good product and why?
Good product needs to fix real life problem or fulfil people’s need. With simple and intuitive interaction design to reduced user learning cost.
10. Any recommended or your favorite product resources you’d like to share with team?
Medium, a popular tech website offering many insightful article about products.
11. What are the three things you like about Wiredcraft? Or what attracted you to apply here?
- First impression: A cool and simple official website brings curiosity and nice company image.
- HR & Interviewer: They are nice, straightforward , and pretty productive.
- Projects: There are many projects that are associated with well-known companies which are very impressive.
12. What do you want to achieve at Wiredcraft?
Career advancement and Communications skills when facing to the client side.
13. Anything you would like to tell your interviewers?
They are very professional and nice. They know what kind of candidate they are looking for and keen to disclosing related information regarding working life in Wiredcraft.
14. If one day Zombie comes after us, what are 3 things you want to take with?
Phone and any food and power bank.
15. If you could have one of the super powers, which power you’d like to have?
Saving people from poverty.
16. Say 3 things you haven’t done yet but will do for sure in the future.
- Camping at snow mountain.
- Try skydiving.
- Live in any city of Europe for a month.
17. You can have an unlimited supply of one thing for the rest of your life, what is it?
I want to get unlimited supply of flight tickets so I can keep flying and exploring the world.