Meet Andy, our latest hire, who just joined our Full-stack team in Shanghai.
My name is Andy Xia (夏晔). I’m from Shanghai. I speak Chinese, English and Japanese and currently live in Yang Pu district.
Before joining Wiredcraft, I worked as a full-stack engineer in Japan last 10 years.
I find multiculturalism at the workplace really excites me. It brings people with diverse sets of cultures and backgrounds together. It’s always great to talk with new people to discover new things and explore new areas that I don’t know. Plus, I get to practice my language skills (English and 日本語).
1. What are the three things you like about Wiredcraft? Or what attracted you to apply here?
- Diversity: multinational, multilingual, western work style combined with eastern wisdom.
- Elitism: Working with a great many of talents that help me grow rapidly in my career.
- Values: Tell the truth
2. What is the project your are the most proud of?
Grow is the project that I was proud of when worked in Japan. The company went public Dec. 2021.
3. What’s the most adventurous experience you have had?
Giving up 10 years lying flat(躺平) life in Japan, I decided to join the rat race in China. It’s going to be a huge challenge for me.
4. What hobbies do you have?
I workout, play video games and badminton.
5. If there’s one thing you recommend everyone in the world to do, what would it be?
Only by viewing the world outside can we know how small we are.
6. What is the one thing you’ll hope you’ll do in your lifetime?
Get married - have a boy and a girl - get a cat (done:)) and finally have a dog.
7. What’s the most underestimated talent you have?
My personal development skills.