Meet Yiwei, our latest hire, who just joined our project team in Shanghai.
I am Yiwei (Eve). I came from a coastal city in Zhejiang province. I speak Mandarin and English, and know a bit Japanese as well as Tagalog. I live in Minhang district.
Before joining Wiredcraft, I worked as a science journalist.
1. What hobbies do you have?
I love movies, bakery, photography, caligraphy and skateboarding.
2. What’s the most underestimated talent you have?
Cat patting. I am super patient with cats so don’t hesitate to call me if you need someone to pat your cat.
3. What’s the most adventurous experience you have had?
Leaving journalism to join Wiredcraft as a Project Manager.
4. What is the one thing you hope you’ll do in your lifetime?
Watch a volcano eruption in Iceland.
5. If there’s one thing you recommend everyone in the world to do, what would it be?
Look into the universe.
6. What brought you to become a project manager? Are there any aspects of the job excites you the most?
Curiosity about the tech industry. Meet talented people and work with them!
7. What was the project your are most proud of? And what were some challenges you had before?
Decloset, a wechat mini program for decluttering your closet. Balancing between design and programming.
8. What are top 3 digital products you would recommend others to use?
Notion, foobar2000, Signal.
9. What’s the difference between journalism and project management? or any similarities?
They are similar in a sense that both require engagement of communication with different parties and planning to meet the deadlines. The difference is in project management, team work is more important to get the project done.
10. Any recommended or your favorite project management resources you’d like to share with team?
I am quite new to this, probably need more recommendations from my colleagues. But I find this YouTuber Adriana Girdler quite helpful.
11. What are the three things you like about Wiredcraft? Or what attracted you to apply here?
Diversity of people, the work culture of telling the truth and keeping it simple, and the company’s caring for its employees.
12. What do you want to achieve at Wiredcraft?
Become a mature PM and learn more about the world of digital products.
13. Anything you would like to tell your interviewers?
Thank you for your patience and it was really nice talking to you!
14. If one day Zombie comes after us, what are 3 things you want to take with?
A laser gun, an invisible cloak, some books.
15. If you could have one of the super powers, which power you’d like to have?
16. Say 3 things you haven’t done yet but will do for sure in the future.
Paragliding, skiing on mountains, travel to outerspace.
17. You can have an unlimited supply of one thing for the rest of your life, what is it? Sushi? Scotch Tape?