Meet Mia, our latest hire, who just joined our project team in Shanghai.
I am Mia from Shanghai. I speak Mandarin, English and working not so hardly on French. I live in the Ju part of ‘‘JuFuChang’’ neighborhood.
My previous experience lies mostly in community, events, and hospitality. Before joining, I wroked as an Events Manager at Canadian Chamber of Commerce. Prior to that, I was Community Lead at WeWork.
I work as a Project manager at Wiredcraft.
1. What hobbies do you have?
Cycling, bouldering, reading in the city mostly, and activities related to nature — hiking, camping, or just being in the nature itself gives me maximum sense of relaxation.
2. What’s the most underestimated talent you have?
Ability to welcome myself into unknown places (private places included, shamelessly…) and start adventures from that point on.
3. What’s the most adventurous experience you have had?
Took the courage to stay after graduation and worked in Amsterdam as a freelance tour guide in Benelux region, Germany, and Switzerland.
4. What is the one thing you hope you’ll do in your lifetime?
Continuously making a life worth living, not surviving.
5. If there’s one thing you recommend everyone in the world to do, what would it be?
6. What brought you to become a project manager? Are there any aspects of the job excites you the most?
I enjoy the sense of reward while achieving something together with an engaged team. On a personal level, the possibility to work location free in the future.
7. What was the project your are most proud of? And what were some challenges you had before?
Organized a 200 pax annual Christmas Gala event within 2 weeks. Still, that event was regarded as one of the best Christmas events since the past few years. Challenges were, and are everywhere: lack of time, man power, miscommunication… but it’s about how you perceive success and what can be learnt from failures.
8. What are top 3 digital products you would recommend others to use?
- Music: Kasetophono
- Movies: MUBI
- Books: The Marginalian
9. Any recommended or your favorite project management resources you’d like to share with team?
EDX, Coursera are the major platform for systematic learning, I highly recommend them.
10. What are the three things you like about Wiredcraft? Or what attracted you to apply here?
- People-oriented company culture is in accord with my belief and value
- A good platform to learn and grow
- It is the choice of my friends as well.
11. What do you want to achieve at Wiredcraft?
- More comprehensive understanding about the world of digital products
- Ability to lead a team to achieve projects results that everyone can be proud of
- Create a sense of belonging for the team
- Work-life (more or less) balance
12. Say 3 things you haven’t done yet but will do for sure in the future.
- Work autonomously
- Make a documentary film
- Own / rent a space in the nature, and turn it into a joy destination
13. You can have an unlimited supply of one thing for the rest of your life, what is it? Sushi? Scotch Tape?
Flight tickets !!!!!