Sick of your talents being wasted?
You’re intelligent, quirky, and confident in your voice. You’re a story teller and understand that user experience isn’t just for designers. You’re currently writing for a clickbait blog, and your soul dies a little every time you write a title including “top 10” or “the ways.” You want a job that makes your family proud.
Imagine real responsibilities like minting the voice of company and client copy, and proposing editorial strategy. Working with an international team to create and manage online content, assisting with our on and offline communities, and using a data-driven approach to validate content strategies.
Here is what we have to offer
- Actual responsibilities. You’ll be in charge of Chinese copywriting both in-house and for clients including product descriptions, blog and social media.
- Work that actually means something. Working on products that solve real problems (aka not another “Yo app”).
- The opportunity (and time) to experiment and learn. Testing and measuring is a big part of marketing for us. Even if it means failing a few times (or often), you’ll have the freedom to figure out what works and what doesn’t.
- International experience. You’ll be working with an international marketing team and well known international clients.
- We care about you. Competitive salary, quarterly salary reviews and 13th month bonus. Benefits include weekly team lunch, bi-quarterly team buildings, gym membership, yearly health checkups, 200RMB monthly metro credit, and more…
We’re looking for somebody who is…
- a native Chinese speaker, and has excellent English.
- an outstanding writer. You have experience crafting professional Chinese copy, and can change your voice to match “in house” blog, case study and press releases, as well as various client styles.
- experienced with WeChat account management. You’ll be in charge of managing WeChat assets and copy preparation, content promotion, and performance analysis for the in-house and client WeChat accounts. You’re very familiar with the WeChat ecosystem including account management, online payment, WeChat ads, Weidian, and WeChat Analytics.
- a data nerd. You have a methodical approach to content strategy and planning, and want to use data to set up an editorial workflow. You love campaign tagging, metrics and SEO. Bonus points if you understand Basic Marketing Automation!
- knowledgable about Western and Chinese culture, you need to know our audience and the ways to reach them.
- a people person. You can grow our online community and you know how to leverage our events.
- a creative and has an eye for design, you’re not afraid to challenge the status quo, and you have a keen eye for details. Experience editing videos is a plus.
- comfortable talking to a crowd, you will support our marketing team at the Wiredcraft hosted events like (JS Conf, UI/UX Conf, and our monthly meetups)
- a team player, you will be working on an international team and provided well crafted copy with the support of clients, the marketing team, designers, and technical team.
Don’t sweat it if you’re not a perfect match: we don’t mind teaching people.
Here's a few reasons on why you'll have a blast, guaranteed:
- We build sh*t that matters for some of the biggest organizations in the world, from Google to Starbucks and the UN. We built the software running the elections of Myanmar (not kidding) and fixed HR with machine learning for billion-dollar companies.
- We're wicked smart, passionate and don't settle on quality. You'll get to learn from some of the smartest folks in town and grow your skills like never before.
- We care about each other... a lot! We try really hard to keep everybody happy, whether it's with perks (free snacks, Macbook, ergonomic chair, books, standing desks...), flexible working hours, company trips or generous vacation and remote work policies. Our playbook has all the deets.
- We use cool tech and encourage people to learn. Most of our colleagues are T-shaped. If you're not, we'll help you get there. We used Node.js, Drip campaigns, React, A/B testing, Figma, Docker and design thinking before it was cool. (We know, so hipster).
- We have a strong culture built on trust. We're transparent and treat our colleagues like responsible adults. Read more about our culture in our playbook.
- We're in Berlin, Shanghai, and soon NYC. We also occasionally have folks moving around offices or working remotely.