Enough with “make my logo bigger”
You’ve been refining your design chops for years, spending God knows how many nights perfecting some mockups in Sketch or Illustrator. You doodle like there’s no tomorrow; come to think of it, your Moleskine may be your best friend. You can whip out a UI for an app blindfolded, with one hand on the back of an iPad. You meditation consists of coffee and Dribbble or Designer News.
And yet, you’re stuck designing half-assed apps and making the logo bigger ™ for clients who don’t know diddly squat about design, with a dev team who doesn’t value your input.
Or maybe you simply don’t have a job yet.
What you deserve buddy
- More responsibilities: your job doesn’t end at Sketch or Illustrator. Your input should be sought through the whole design and development process.
- Work that actually means something, building products that solve real problems (aka not another “Yo app”).
- The opportunity (and time) to improve your craft and acquire new skills, may this be programming complex data visualizations with D3.js or foosball.
We’re looking for somebody who…
- Can design Web & mobile apps
- Knows their tools inside out, may this be Illustrator, Photoshop or Sketch, or whatever else you feel like using really,
- Can quickly wireframe their ideas with a pen and some paper,
- Loves finding the perfect balance of colors, typography and space,
- Can explain their design choices to others,
- Understands UI & UX,
- Has a good understanding of what HTML, CSS and JS can do,
- Eager to learn and experiment (a lot),
- Gets sh*t done.
Here's a few reasons on why you'll have a blast, guaranteed:
- We build sh*t that matters for some of the biggest organizations in the world, from Google to Starbucks and the UN. We built the software running the elections of Myanmar (not kidding) and fixed HR with machine learning for billion-dollar companies.
- We're wicked smart, passionate and don't settle on quality. You'll get to learn from some of the smartest folks in town and grow your skills like never before.
- We care about each other... a lot! We try really hard to keep everybody happy, whether it's with perks (free snacks, Macbook, ergonomic chair, books, standing desks...), flexible working hours, company trips or generous vacation and remote work policies. Our playbook has all the deets.
- We use cool tech and encourage people to learn. Most of our colleagues are T-shaped. If you're not, we'll help you get there. We used Node.js, Drip campaigns, React, A/B testing, Figma, Docker and design thinking before it was cool. (We know, so hipster).
- We have a strong culture built on trust. We're transparent and treat our colleagues like responsible adults. Read more about our culture in our playbook.
- We're in Berlin, Shanghai, and soon NYC. We also occasionally have folks moving around offices or working remotely.
Oh, and one last thing: we do not work with recruiters, headhunters, agencies, freelancers or outsourcing companies. Cheers!