Feel like operations are boring? Certainly not with us!
You may have been stuck for a couple years doing the same repetitive tasks
over and over; payroll here, fapiao there… With little to no room for you to
grow. Quite frankly, you have good reasons to be bored.
We’re growing fast, close to 100% growth on staff year-over-year. We’re nerds
and creatives creating digital products for Google, the World Bank, PwC, the UN,
Starbucks as well as startups.
That’s why we need you. We need somebody to help us keep our Shanghai office running,
from helping with contracting and HR to dealing with the logistic of organizing
a BBQ for our team.
What you would be in charge of…
With the help of our leadership, marketing and employee happiness teams, you would
- Financial planning & Record keeping; you will help us stay on top of the
payroll, petty cash, bills, reimbursements… We don’t need you to be an accountant
(we have one already), but you need a good sense of financial concepts.
- Contracting & Legal; working with the HR and business teams, as well as our
lawyer and legal counsel, you’ll help us stay out of trouble and get contracts taken
- Logistics; may this be help us plan for moving to a new office, organize a
company off-site with HR, or make sure we don’t run out of supplies (or food).
We’re looking for someone who…
- Can speak Shanghainese & English. We have a fair amount of 老外 on the team
and international clients.
- Is patient and organized.
- Has some operational experience, 2 or 3 years minimum.
- Not afraid to be transparent and to take initiatives. We like to work as a
team and love people who take the lead.
- Eager to learn. We encourage people to grow their skills and like to take
unusual approaches to solving problems.
- Brownie points if you have experience with HR or accounting.
Here's a few reasons on why you'll have a blast, guaranteed:
- We build sh*t that matters for some of the biggest organizations in the world, from Google to Starbucks and the UN. We built the software running the elections of Myanmar (not kidding) and fixed HR with machine learning for billion-dollar companies.
- We're wicked smart, passionate and don't settle on quality. You'll get to learn from some of the smartest folks in town and grow your skills like never before.
- We care about each other... a lot! We try really hard to keep everybody happy, whether it's with perks (free snacks, Macbook, ergonomic chair, books, standing desks...), flexible working hours, company trips or generous vacation and remote work policies. Our playbook has all the deets.
- We use cool tech and encourage people to learn. Most of our colleagues are T-shaped. If you're not, we'll help you get there. We used Node.js, Marketing automation, React, A/B testing, Figma, Docker and design thinking before it was cool. (We know, so hipster).
- We have a strong culture built on trust. We're transparent and treat our colleagues like responsible adults. Read more about our culture in our playbook.
- We're in Berlin, Shanghai, and soon NYC. We also occasionally have folks moving around offices or working remotely.
Oh, and one last thing: we do not work with recruiters, headhunters, agencies, freelancers or outsourcing companies. Cheers!