Looking for a marketing job that doesn’t suck?
You’ve slaved away all year long working on assignments that are a thousand miles away from the reality of the market. Your teachers trained you for a gazillion different things, half of which you’ll never use in your professional life (the other half will most likely be outdated in a couple years).
You’re now looking for an opportunity to work on real stuff, skimming through internship ads. And a lot of it starting to sound like you’ll be stuck shoveling through tons of low level, boring tasks that nobody else wants to deal with. Until now!
Here is what we have to offer
- Actual responsibilities. No, fetching coffee & doughnuts, or manually updating a thousand rows in an Excel spreadsheet doesn’t qualify. You want to weigh in on decisions and make an actual contribution to the work your team is pulling through.
- Work that actually means something, working on products that solve real problems (aka not another “Yo app”).
- The opportunity (and time) to experiment and learn. You want to learn how to get results, that means experimenting with tools and tricks, failing a few times (or often) and having the freedom to figure out what works and what doesn’t.
We’re looking for somebody who is…
- Smart (with a great sense of humor, and who likes long walk on the beach),
- Comfortable with Web and mobile technologies. You don’t have to be a programmer, but some basic HTML skills would be a plus (we’ll teach you otherwise),
- Familiar with online marketing tools and approaches, think analytics (Google Analytics and A/B testing), newsletters (Drip), social media (WeChat/Weixin), SEO…
- Fluent in Chinese and English (you don’t have to be Shakespeare),
- You’re not afraid to share your ideas, and are comfortable working in a team,
- Not completely color blind, we like to design beautiful products and experiences,
- Eager to learn and experiment (a lot)
Here's a few reasons on why you'll have a blast, guaranteed:
- We build sh*t that matters for some of the biggest organizations in the world, from Google to Starbucks and the UN. We built the software running the elections of Myanmar (not kidding) and fixed HR with machine learning for billion-dollar companies.
- We're wicked smart, passionate and don't settle on quality. You'll get to learn from some of the smartest folks in town and grow your skills like never before.
- We care about each other... a lot! We try really hard to keep everybody happy, whether it's with perks (free snacks, Macbook, ergonomic chair, books, standing desks...), flexible working hours, company trips or generous vacation and remote work policies. Our playbook has all the deets.
- We use cool tech and encourage people to learn. Most of our colleagues are T-shaped. If you're not, we'll help you get there. We used Node.js, Drip campaigns, React, A/B testing, Figma, Docker and design thinking before it was cool. (We know, so hipster).
- We have a strong culture built on trust. We're transparent and treat our colleagues like responsible adults. Read more about our culture in our playbook.
- We're in Berlin, Shanghai, and soon NYC. We also occasionally have folks moving around offices or working remotely.