Ready to take on a new challenge?
You’ve built an exhaustive financial expertise in China over the past few years but can’t seem to feel satisfied anymore with the comfort of “business as usual”. You’re looking for a place that will help you grow into a leader and give you the opportunity to take active part in shaping up the future of the company you work at.
Wanna join our team? We’re at a pivotal time and need a financial expert to join our leadership team to support our growth. You’ll help us mature our processes, manage risk, translate business data into action plans and keep us on track with our ambitious goals.
What you’ll do:
- Own all things financial. You’ll oversee the financial accounting activities for the business, conduct regular reviews of balance sheet accounts, manage AP and AR transactions, payroll, cash accounts, … Help optimize taxes and cashflow.
- Keep us out of trouble. Assess and monitor risks, whether on performance, agreements or regulations. Ensure local statutory compliance (in PRC and HK) and work with auditors to review results and controls. Contribute to contracting and legal discussions.
- Help implement financial processes & tools. We’re in the process of moving to an online accounting platform (Xero) and need to implement more systematic processes and controls to manage our finances.
- Develop forecasting & reporting capabilities. The need to plan and model our growth is obvious to our leadership team. We’re committed to move toward a data-driven business strategy.
- Keep us on track. Making sure our leaders are on top of the financial KPIs (P&L, cash flows, expenses, performance & profitability, sales forecast…) and reach the goals we’ve set for ourselves.
- Train and grow our team. You’ll grow the finance team, set long term goals for the business and help educate the leadership team on financial matters.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience owning finance & accounting in a fast-paced environment. We’re moving fast and need you to help us manage our growth.
- Is familiar with China, from taxes & regulations to banking & invoicing. Our team is still implementing its processes and could use an experienced leader to optimize.
- Knows how to report financial results & advise on longer term strategy. Your work will not only educate our team on the current health of the business, but shape its future.
- Wants to lead & get things done. You’ll be working right under our CEO and with the leadership team, helping drive change by consensus or example.
- Is a team player. You’ll work at the intersection of multiple teams (HR, admin, program management, leadership…).
- Is fluent in 普通话. Preferably you’re a local.
Bonus points if you’ve worked in an agency environment before.
Wiredcraft creates & grows digital products for the world's best brands.
We’re a full-service digital product agency with over 65 experts in Shanghai, Paris and (soon) Hong Kong. Our team of T-shaped experts help brands like Burberry, Nike, Dior, Apple, Starbucks or Hilton realize omnichannel, cross-border and digital transformation strategies.
We believe in small, agile and battle-hardened teams of designers, engineers and product experts. We help multinational corporations move at the speed of startups & develop a product culture.
Learn more about our company and how we work on our playbook: playbook.wiredcraft.com
This position is available in Shanghai.