Stuck in the status quo?
You’re a people person - you thrive on bringing people together for a common purpose. You’re an organizational whiz, coordinating and managing events without breaking a sweat. But you’re not feeling challenged in your current role - the strategy and support to grow your communities or events is lacking when you know they could be so much more. You’d resigned yourself to the fact that that’s how things are. But you’re now reading this JD and nodding your head in agreement. Your interest is piqued and you want to know more.
Come and nerd out with us instead. Here’s why:
- Total responsibility: you’ll be managing our tech events - everything from branding, coordinating, reporting and improving. You’ll also be in charge of building our communities via WeChat, and experimenting on how to grow and engage our members.
- Work that actually means something: your events will drive tangible results, whether that’s creating business leads, increasing job applications, or simply getting our name out there. You’ll be using data to understand how to iterate and improve event by event.
- The opportunity (and time) to improve your craft and acquire new skills. Whether that’s attending conferences to take inspiration and network, or trying your hand at coding, we’ll give you the support you need.
Sound good? Here’s what we’re after:
- 2-3 years experience as event organizer of all sizes. Tech related industry is a must
- Fluent English is a requirement, but Chinese is a definite plus.
- You’re already involved in the tech community, and have a network to call on if needed - whether that’s speakers, sponsors, or just spreading the word about our events
- You’re detail oriented, you like improving as much as starting new projects. You like to keep polishing something until it shines
- Business acumen. You’re a natural at pitching, and an unstoppable force when you’re enthusiastic about a topic
- Comfortable with speaking in front of crowds - you’ll be acting as host at most of these events, so knowing how to keep people engaged and excited is key
- Understand how to organize a tech-based workshop or bootcamp and the pain points that come with each
- Be a data-driven decision maker, understanding agile methodology and the metrics that matter to grow and improve
- A creative mind. You like to try and learn. Not content with the status quo, you bring your own ideas and processes to the table, experimenting and iterating with each event to see what works
Wiredcraft is a full-stack digital agency based in Shanghai, Shenzhen & Berlin. We’re technologists, creatives and strategists helping the largest brands in the world design, create & grow digital solutions that impact millions of people.
Our clients include Starbucks, Google, Walmart, Apple, Hilton, Dior, the World Bank & the United Nations.
Learn more about our company and how we work on our playbook: playbook.wiredcraft.com
This position is available in Shanghai.