Enough with the BS design tasks
You’ve mastered the tao of CSS, SASS, Sketch and HTML5. You can whip out a UI for an app blindfolded, with one hand on the back on an iPad. You doodle your way through a Moleskine a day. You meditation consists of coffee and checking out HN, Dribbble or Designer News.
Problem is, you’re stuck at your current job:
- You keep on being asked to build small, crappy, 10-pages websites.
- You spend your day making the logo bigger for clients who don’t know diddly squat about design.
- The dev team is as friendly as a hangovered Chuck Norris and doesn’t care about your opinion.
- Or better yet, you don’t have a job.
What you deserve as a designer
- More responsibilities: your job doesn’t end at Sketch or Illustrator. Your input should be sought through the whole design and development process.
- Work that actually means something, building products that solve real problems (aka not another “Yo app”).
- The opportunity (and time) to improve your craft and acquire new skills, may this be programming complex data visualizations with D3.js or foosball.
We want somebody who is…
- Wicked smart,
- Understands UI + UX,
- Can come up with a decent design on his or her own,
- Can prototype stuff with HTML/CSS,
- Eager to learn (a lot),
- Not afraid of leading and getting sh*t done.
Here's a few reasons on why you'll have a blast, guaranteed:
- We build sh*t that matters for some of the biggest organizations in the world, from Google to Starbucks and the UN. We built the software running the elections of Myanmar (not kidding) and fixed HR with machine learning for billion-dollar companies.
- We're wicked smart, passionate and don't settle on quality. You'll get to learn from some of the smartest folks in town and grow your skills like never before.
- We care about each other... a lot! We try really hard to keep everybody happy, whether it's with perks (free snacks, Macbook, ergonomic chair, books, standing desks...), flexible working hours, company trips or generous vacation and remote work policies. Our playbook has all the deets.
- We use cool tech and encourage people to learn. Most of our colleagues are T-shaped. If you're not, we'll help you get there. We used Node.js, Marketing automation, React, A/B testing, Figma, Docker and design thinking before it was cool. (We know, so hipster).
- We have a strong culture built on trust. We're transparent and treat our colleagues like responsible adults. Read more about our culture in our playbook.
- We're in Berlin, Shanghai, and soon NYC. We also occasionally have folks moving around offices or working remotely.
Oh, and one last thing: we do not work with recruiters, headhunters, agencies, freelancers or outsourcing companies. Cheers!