It sucks to be selling something you don’t believe in
It’s Monday morning and you’re kicking off the week. Coffee in hand, you check out your calendar; your days are sprinkled with networking events and a few client meetings. You’re pretty sure you’re gonna spend another week giving away business cards and regurgitating the same pitch, in the hope that somebody will give you and your team a shot.
The thing is, you’re not that excited with what you’re offering your clients. Either that or it’s the clients who are not that exciting.
Or maybe you simply don’t have a job yet: even better.
Wanna sell stuff your mom would be proud of?
Just look at the kind of clients we’ve worked with: the United Nations, CNN, the World Bank, USAID… We’ve done things like develop the software powering elections in Libya or Myanmar, build business intelligence for the largest electronic manufacturer in the world and help the World Bank better visualize their Open Data.
We’re now moving fast and trying to recruit as many people as we can in our three locations; Shanghai, Berlin and Washington, DC.
We’re looking for somebody who is…
- Hungry, smart & resourceful. We are growing pretty fast and we need somebody who would work with our fearless founder, Ronan, to develop our business in the US, Europe and China. We don’t have it all figured out yet (who does?), and we hope you’d help build a sales team and formalize our business development strategy.
- Understands technology and is at least familiar with the kind of things we do; Web & mobile, big data, data science…
- Has charisma & patience. A sale may take a while and we’ve had fantastic results by overall being awesome, kind and patient; sooner or later people come to us with something they’d like us to build.
- Plays nice with others. We have a distributed team and work in a very asynchronous fashion. We’re organized and invest heavily in proper communications.
Here's a few reasons on why you'll have a blast, guaranteed:
- We build sh*t that matters for some of the biggest organizations in the world, from Google to Starbucks and the UN. We built the software running the elections of Myanmar (not kidding) and fixed HR with machine learning for billion-dollar companies.
- We're wicked smart, passionate and don't settle on quality. You'll get to learn from some of the smartest folks in town and grow your skills like never before.
- We care about each other... a lot! We try really hard to keep everybody happy, whether it's with perks (free snacks, Macbook, ergonomic chair, books, standing desks...), flexible working hours, company trips or generous vacation and remote work policies. Our playbook has all the deets.
- We use cool tech and encourage people to learn. Most of our colleagues are T-shaped. If you're not, we'll help you get there. We used Node.js, Drip campaigns, React, A/B testing, Figma, Docker and design thinking before it was cool. (We know, so hipster).
- We have a strong culture built on trust. We're transparent and treat our colleagues like responsible adults. Read more about our culture in our playbook.
- We're in Berlin, Shanghai, and soon NYC. We also occasionally have folks moving around offices or working remotely.