Tired of the same old, sh*tty stack?
You desperately want to play with the cool new things like Node.js or Golang. As soon as you’re home, you fire up your editor and start playing with the latest framework you heard of on Hacker News.
At work, you’re left maintaining an aging PHP codebase. Every suggestion you make for using something more up to date is met with resistance from colleagues who don’t feel like learning new things. You built a couple proof of concepts but they never made it to production.
Stop wasting your time, quit your job!
Why even bother when you could be working with an awesome team on challenging projects? Join us and have a blast:
- You’ll use the latest technologies, from Node.js to Golang, or whatever else works for you. We’re always experimenting with new things and open to change when it makes sense. For example, we started working with Node.js in 2011 and React in 2013. We also use tons of current tools like Docker.
- You’ll get to work on Open Source. Most of us are contributing back to projects, sending PR or simply publishing our own side projects. We also organize meetups and conferences, like JSConf China (over 650+ people showed up this year).
- You’ll build awesome sh*t; we build really impressive things for the World Bank, the United Nations, CNN… And when we’re not busy doing Big data work for USAID or building the next generation of mobile apps for a very big player in F&B, we work on our own products (devo.ps, chato.ps, SweepBoard, ClassyDocs…).
Who are we looking for?
We’d like to find somebody who:
- Understands how to build loosely coupled architectures. We have our sh*t together when it comes to designing products and are similarly smart with our software. We like to use the right tool for the right job, preferring loosely coupled microservices rather than large bloated apps. We leverage Docker and get to tackle very complicated challenges.
- Likes to learn and experiment. There’s rarely a dull moment at the office, we’re constantly trying out new tools and framework. If you like to learn and grow your skills, you’ll love working with us; we encourage our colleagues to become T-shaped.
- Is all about shipping and getting things done. We’re increasingly distributed, with offices in Berlin, Washington DC and Shanghai. We’re a no-nonsense type of team; we invest heavily in asynchronous communications and let actions speak for themselves.
Here's a few reasons on why you'll have a blast, guaranteed:
- We build sh*t that matters for some of the biggest organizations in the world, from Google to Starbucks and the UN. We built the software running the elections of Myanmar (not kidding) and fixed HR with machine learning for billion-dollar companies.
- We're wicked smart, passionate and don't settle on quality. You'll get to learn from some of the smartest folks in town and grow your skills like never before.
- We care about each other... a lot! We try really hard to keep everybody happy, whether it's with perks (free snacks, Macbook, ergonomic chair, books, standing desks...), flexible working hours, company trips or generous vacation and remote work policies. Our playbook has all the deets.
- We use cool tech and encourage people to learn. Most of our colleagues are T-shaped. If you're not, we'll help you get there. We used Node.js, Drip campaigns, React, A/B testing, Figma, Docker and design thinking before it was cool. (We know, so hipster).
- We have a strong culture built on trust. We're transparent and treat our colleagues like responsible adults. Read more about our culture in our playbook.
- We're in Berlin, Shanghai, and soon NYC. We also occasionally have folks moving around offices or working remotely.
Oh, and one last thing: we do not work with recruiters, headhunters, agencies, freelancers or outsourcing companies. Cheers!