Tired of writing yet another “Yo app”?
You’re starting a new project and you’re hopeful that this time you’ll get to build something unique. But you already know that it’s probably not gonna happen. You’re stuck building yet another disposable app for a client nobody has heard off and you have literally no time to obsess over the details.
You wish you were actually able to build something useful, not yet another marketing stunt. You’d also like time to polish your tech and design chops.
How would it be different working with us?
- Building cool things that have an impact; we build really impressive things for the World Bank, the United Nations, CNN… And when we’re not busy building software to run the Myanmar elections, or designing the next generation of mobile apps for Starbucks China, we work on our own products (devo.ps, chato.ps, SweepBoard, ClassyDocs…).
- Growing your skills. Our team is always experimenting with new things and open to change when it makes sense. Feel like looking into iBeacon or Apple Watch development? Knock yourself out. Actually we’ll even get the friggin’ watch for you.
- Opportunities to contribute back to Open Source. Most of us are contributing back to projects, sending PR or simply publishing our own side projects. We also organize meetups and conferences, like JSConf China.
- Proficiency with Swift. Value Types, Sequences, Generics, Protocol Oriented Programming, and Functional Programming - be still my heart.
- Mastery of Storyboard and Autolayout We love them, and hopefully you do too.
- Unit Testing Nerd. We place a high value on unit testing, so you need to be able to write tests with Swift.
- Kotlin Master. Kotlin is our primary language, so you should know your way around it.
- Previous experience. You should have at least one Android project that you’d be proud to show us.
- An Android Avocate. You love learning new technologies and staying up with the latest technological trends.
Some other things on our wishlist…
- You take pride in your work. You love building high quality, clean code.
- Decent at designing UX and UI. We have our sh*t together when it comes to designing products, but we sometimes need people to improvise without the help of a designer.
- Eager to learn and experiment. There’s rarely a dull moment at the office, we’re constantly trying out new tools and framework. If you like to learn and grow your skills, you’ll love working with us.
- All about shipping and getting things done. We’re increasingly distributed, with offices in Berlin, Washington DC and Shanghai. We’re a no-nonsense type of team; we invest heavily in asynchronous communications and let actions speak for themselves.
Here's a few reasons on why you'll have a blast, guaranteed:
- We build sh*t that matters for some of the biggest organizations in the world, from Google to Starbucks and the UN. We built the software running the elections of Myanmar (not kidding) and fixed HR with machine learning for billion-dollar companies.
- We're wicked smart, passionate and don't settle on quality. You'll get to learn from some of the smartest folks in town and grow your skills like never before.
- We care about each other... a lot! We try really hard to keep everybody happy, whether it's with perks (free snacks, Macbook, ergonomic chair, books, standing desks...), flexible working hours, company trips or generous vacation and remote work policies. Our playbook has all the deets.
- We use cool tech and encourage people to learn. Most of our colleagues are T-shaped. If you're not, we'll help you get there. We used Node.js, Drip campaigns, React, A/B testing, Figma, Docker and design thinking before it was cool. (We know, so hipster).
- We have a strong culture built on trust. We're transparent and treat our colleagues like responsible adults. Read more about our culture in our playbook.
- We're in Berlin, Shanghai, and soon NYC. We also occasionally have folks moving around offices or working remotely.