You like learning new things and have a passion for Web or mobile technologies? Join us!
In a nutshell; serious tech, great working environment, products, humanitarian organizations as clients, Open Source and China.
What we'd like you to have
- Serious (Web) programming skills,
- Love for building things online,
- Attention to details,
- Ability to play nice with the team... and ship,
We're looking for people to help us building our own products and working with some of our clients; the United Nations, the World Resource Institute, the IFES (International Foundation for Electoral System), CNN or PopCap Games. Put it simply; we build serious stuff.
We tend to be generalists; we build data centric platform with full text search capabilities (think Elastic Search or Sphinx), visualize data on custom maps (Tilemill anybody?), using node.js, backbone.js, PHP or whatever is the most appropriate technology. We experiment with responsive design, HTML 5 and cross-platform frameworks (PhoneGap, Titanium, jQuery Mobile).
Bonus points to the ninjas who have experience with;
- User interface and usability (or are simply not color blind),
- Information design,
- Open Source,
- High performance & scalability (think half a million to a million unique visitors a day),
- Graphic design,
- Data visualization,
Why would you want to work with us?
First, we make sure our team has the right tools. You'll get;
- A brand new MacBook Pro with an external monitor,
- An unlimited supply of snacks and drinks,
- A proper chair and a desk with plenty of space,
- A bright office with awesome colleagues,
- A proper salary, bonuses and more for those working on our products,
We are located in Shanghai, China! We're also opening a US office in Washington, DC, in February 2012, but are mainly interested in having people coming down to the Shanghai office for now. Don't worry, we all speak English, French and Chinese staff included.
Still not convinced? We don't believe in over time, we work in a very agile way (daily SCRUM with the team, incremental iterations) and we like to have a drink after work once in a while. We spend time organizing Open Source events in Shanghai, Beijing and a whole lot of other cities and motivate each other to work out regularly.
We accept both full time applications and interns; shoot us an email at email@example.com and come work with us on meaningful tech projects.